Avantor® will highlight its distinctive global cGMP manufacturing capabilities and robust portfolio of innovative life sciences materials and solutions at CPhI India 2017 on November 28-30 in Mumbai, India. The company will be exhibiting in Hall 1, booth J-35 at the Bombay Exhibition Centre (BEC). In addition, two Avantor experts will present on key industry topics about streamlining product launches, and new approaches to controlling variability in protein therapeutics.
At its exhibit, Avantor representatives will discuss the company’s global cGMP production footprint, which includes cGMP manufacturing and packaging in Panoli, India; three North American cGMP production centers; and enhanced cGMP capabilities in Gliwice, Poland.
“Avantor is distinct because we have cGMP manufacturing capabilities in three continents,” said Devashish Ohri, Executive Vice President, Asia Pacific. “Our facilities there all follow Avantor’s global quality systems and capabilities for supply chain security, which enables us to collaborate with pharmaceutical manufacturers and develop custom solutions.”
Broad Product Portfolio
The booth exhibit will highlight the broad range of life sciences products Avantor offers in the region. These include functional excipients for pharmaceutical production, such as magnesium stearate and bioexcipients, as well as analytical laboratory products such as J.T.Baker® brand HPLC solvents and chromatography columns, media and consumables.
Visitors can also learn about other products, including:
- J.T.Baker® brand High-Purity Low Endotoxin (HPLE) sugars manufactured using proprietary purification technology to achieve endotoxin levels that are below regulatory requirements. These products contain industry-leading low impurity levels, reducing the potential for adverse chemical reactions. The company recently ramped up HPLE sugar production at its Panoli cGMP facility.
- J.T.Baker® brand Direct Dispense packaging designed to deliver pre-weighed free-flowing salts, buffers and cell culture ingredients to help customers streamline biopharmaceutical production.
- J.T.Baker® brand PanExcea™ performance excipients and Macron Fine Chemicals™ brand IPTG reagents.
Expert Presentations on Process Improvements
Two Avantor senior technical experts will also give presentations during the show, addressing key topics in pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical process challenges:
- Ashish Kulkarni, Ph.D., Executive Vice President, Chief Technology Officer, will discuss the evolving role of materials suppliers, in his presentation “Expedite New Product Launches by Leveraging Material Suppliers to Implement QbD” on Tuesday, November 28th, from 10:15 to 10:45 a.m. at Hall 7A.
- Nandu Deorkar, Ph.D., Vice President, Research and Development, will give a presentation titled “Control Variability in Protein Therapeutics by Defining Trace Metal and Carbohydrate Composition in Process Development” on Wednesday, November 29th, from 10:15 to 10:45 a.m. at Hall 7A.