CPhI Pharma Awards’ panel doubles in size and welcomes top experts from around the world
Amsterdam, 11 August 2016: UBM EMEA, organisers of CPhI Worldwide, announces the board of judges for the CPhI Pharma Awards 2016. Over 20 pharma experts have been selected to join the judging panel, more than doubling its size from 2015, for the most prestigious pharma awards in the industry.
The new panel includes 11 additional renowned thought leaders, independent consultants, as well as top industry editors with years of experience in their field. They will add new expertise to the judging process as the awards expand into biologics, drug delivery devices, regulatory and CSR. The expanded awards have been created to give wider recognition to all the great advances and technologies coming out of the pharma industry.
The 2016 panel has widened the scope of its commercial manufacturing and regulatory experience, adding industry heavyweights Girsih Malhotra, Emil Ciurczak (Doramaxx Consulting), Dr. Dev Prasad, Evonne Brennan and Bikash Chatterjee. Furthermore, the Spanish Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry (AEFI) has lent the expertise of its president Dr. Beatriz Artalejo. Global perspectives will offered from Bibiana Campos Seijo, Editor of C&EN and Fiona Barry of Biopharm Insights. Prominent academic and industry commentator Dr. Pascale Gauthier of the Faculty of Pharmacy at Clermon-Ferrand; Dr. Harsh Chauhanm, Assistant Professor at Creighton University; and Strategy Director at PR Media and renowned corporate social responsibility commentator, Philippe Borremans will complete the line up of new judges.
The awards will remain open until 14th August 2016, and CPhI Worldwide is using an online judging process so that it can accommodate the perspectives from its geographically global judging panel.
Flavio Oliveira, PR & Media Relations Manager, Pharma Portfolio at UBM EMEA, and one of the key figures behind the organisation of the CPhI Pharma Awards, added: “CPhI Worldwide covers the entire pharmaceutical value chain from discovery and bench, right through to commercialisation, and our challenge was to provide a global programme that was fully representative of this diverse industry. Having consulted with a huge number of exhibitors and attendees and global thought leaders we handpicked a list of panellists that have the technical expertise and business acumen to cover the full breadth of the award categories. The 2016 judges blend independent expertise, regulatory perspectives, hands-on industry experience, and high-end academic pharmaceutical research. We are now encouraging the entire pharma industry to submit all of the most prominent industry innovations, achievements and services so that we can give recognition to the best our industry has to offer at our eponymous CPhI Worldwide event.”
The 2016 CPhI Pharma Awards panel:
- Hendrik Baumann – CEO, Averipharma
- Michael Platscher – Senior Project Manager R&D, Merck & Cie
- Dr. Rene Boomer – General Manager, pharmAccel Consulting
- Michael Nieuwesteeg – Managing Director, NVC Netherlands Packaging Centre
- Veronique Bregeon – Global Industrial Projects Execution, Merial
- Gary Norman – Technical Manager, DFE Pharma
- Evonne Brennan – European Technical Product Manager, Pharmaceutical Division, IMCD Ireland
- Rita Peters – Editor, Pharmaceutical Technology North America
- Adeline Siew – Editor, Pharmaceutical Technology Europe
- William Looney – Editor-in-Chief, Pharmaceutical Executive magazine
- Girish Malhotra – President and Founder of EPCOT International
- Emil Ciurczak – President, Doramaxx Consulting
- Fiona Barry – Reporter, BioPharm Insight
- Gil Roth – President, PBOA
- Dr. Harsh Chauhan – Assistant Professor, Creighton University
- Dr. Dev Prasad – Senior Scientist in Formulation Development, Fresenius Kabi USA, LLC
- Philippe Borremans – Strategy Director, PR Media
- Dr. Pascale Gauthier – Pharmacist, PhD, head of course, Faculty of Pharmacy of Clermont-Ferrand
- Bibiana Campos Seijo – Editor-in-Chief and VP, C&EN and C&EN Media Group
- Dr. Beatriz Artalejo – President, AEFI
- Bikash Chatterjee – President and Chief Science Officer, Pharmatech Associates, Inc.
To apply for the CPhI Pharma Awards visit: http://awards.cphi.com/