Grifols conventional antisera reagents recently received licensing approval by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration for manual testing in immunohematology laboratories
– The addition of antisera reagents completes Grifols full range of serological blood typing solutions
– Grifols has begun commercializing these antisera reagents in the U.S.
Manual techniques for blood typing and pretransfusion testing continue to be a large segment in the U.S. blood transfusion industry.
To meet the growing demand for innovative blood typing solutions, Grifols comprehensive portfolio now includes the following antisera reagents, most of which require no incubation time:
- ABO & Rh monoclonal antisera – An anti-D that detects the DVI variant (IgM/IgG blend), in addition to two other products for anti-D testing
- Rare antisera – A wide range of high-quality monoclonal antisera for typing rare antigens
- Anti-human globulin sera – a wide range of polyspecific and monospecific anti-globulins
Grifols has begun commercializing these antisera reagents in the U.S.