Thermo Scientific Sorvall BIOS 16 centrifuge designed to provide simplified, flexible bioprocessing
WALTHAM, Mass. – (March 22, 2016) – Designed to maximize productivity for bioprocessing customers, the new Thermo Scientific Sorvall BIOS 16 centrifuge offers an increased capacity of up to 16 L of cell culture product per run and unique design features to make working with large volumes easier and more convenient.
In the increasingly complex, regulated and fast-paced bioprocessing environment, users require a centrifuge with simple operation and high-throughput capabilities that deliver run-to-run reproducibility while maintaining sample integrity. These elements are essential to manufacturing products in a scalable, consistent and safe manner. When it comes to the development and manufacturing of biological products, the centrifuges used in the supporting separation and purification processes tend to be large in size and continuously used. As such, innovative and ergonomically designed platforms become high priority when choosing the best system.
The Thermo Scientific Sorvall BIOS 16 centrifuge includes several features designed to enhance the user experience, including:
– Auto-Door function: Open and close the centrifuge door automatically using the simple push-button operation.
– Auto-Lid function: Instant rotor opening and closing with lid storage.
– Centri-Touch interface: Bright, highly visible and glove-friendly display simplifies run set-up.
– Accumulated Centrifugal Effect (ACE) function: Automatically adjust run time to account for and eliminate acceleration/deceleration variations that could otherwise lead to incomplete cell pelleting.
– Centri-Vue remote monitoring: Check run status or see available centrifuges from the mobile app.
– Eco-Spin technology: Take advantage of energy savings of up to 64 percent using windshielded rotors.
“For more than 60 years, Thermo Fisher Scientific has demonstrated application expertise across its centrifuge systems and the addition of the Sorvall BIOS 16 bioprocessing centrifuge builds upon that commitment to delivering innovative designs to meet specific user needs,” said Monica Manotas, VP/GM, growth, protection and separation products at Thermo Fisher Scientific. “Now, bioprocessing centers around the world can reap the benefits of this unique, user friendly system designed to provide high-throughput sample processing, simple, quick set-up and remote monitoring, energy savings, global safety standards and enhanced ergonomics with every run.”
The new Sorvall BIOS 16 bioprocessing centrifuge offers the flexibility to select higher capacity rotors or match existing workflows, with a choice of four swinging bucket rotors ranging from 6 x 1000 mL to 8 x 2000 mL. This product is listed with the US FDA, and complies with the latest global safety standards including UL and CE.
For more information visit www.thermofisher.com/BIOScentrifuge.