As a GMP / GLP compliant laboratory with over 50 years of experience, Wickham Laboratories Ltd is a trusted name in the pharmaceutical and medical device industries, maintaining only the highest standard of quality at all stages while providing rapid turnaround for both routine testing and bespoke one-off projects. Whether assisting a start-up company demonstrating proof of concept, or working with a global medical device manufacturer our expert technicians recognise the importance of delivering an exceptional service by taking the time with every client to fully understand their individual requirements.
Our Hoeford Point site, with approximately 4,000 square metres of space, is segregated into independent laboratory areas, providing a wide range of microbiology and toxicology testing services. We operate in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) as well as to International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH) guidelines.
In addition to the discrete laboratories themselves, we also have dedicated facilities for sample booking and media preparation. Our sample receipt team utilises systems operating to FDA 21CFR part 11 which ensures safe handling and full traceability of samples, and the majority of the media used to test these samples is prepared and processed by our in-house media preparation department.
Our services include:
- Biocompatibility testing services; including cytotoxicity, sensitisation, implantation, systemic toxicity, intracutaneous reactivity and local irritation testing.
- In vitro testing services including; bacterial endotoxin testing (LAL), cytotoxicity testing, the monocyte activation test (MAT), ELISA, BCA and western blot.
- Microbial identification; both traditional and rapid methods (MALDI-ToF).
- Quality control testing services including; bioburden, environmental monitoring, microbial limits (TAMC / TYMC and absence of specified pathogens), potable water and sterility testing.
- Stability storage and testing.
- Validation testing services; including antimicrobial / preservative efficacy testing, biological indicator enumeration, log reduction and microbial ingress challenges.
- Toxicology testing services; including abnormal toxicity testing, potency bioassays and RPT.
If you would like to discuss your testing requirements in more detail, call us directly on +44 (0)1329 226600, or email us firstname.lastname@example.org. www.wickhamlabs.co.uk.